Update: March 21st, 2009
You have now completed all the hard parts—the installation itself is rather anticlimactic and will be over before you realize it:
- Now browse to your website by entering your domain name into your browser’s address bar and pressing [ENTER]. You should be redirected to WordPress’ install page. Enter a title for your blog and your email address then click the Install WordPress button.
- WordPress will now begin installing and you should soon see a success page. On this page will be an automatically generated username and password. Note the username and copy the password then click the Log In button.
- On the login page, enter the username and password then press the Log In button.
- Upon logging in you will be taken to the WordPress Dashboard page. This is the “command center” of your new WordPress blog and as you can see there are many things you can do. For now, just click the Visit site link at the top.
- This is your new blog’s home page.
- Next: Create Your User Account and Start Blogging