Create Your User Account and Start Blogging
Update: March 21st, 2009
Now you just need your own account to start blogging with, unless you’d rather have your posts show up as written by “admin”.
- Go back to your WordPress Dashboard and click Users in the menu.
- On the Users page, click the Add New link in the menu.
- On the Add New User page, enter in your desired Username, E-mail address, and Password. Give yourself a Role of Administrator and then fill in any other details if you want to (you can always edit these later). When you are done, click on the Add User button to create your account.
- Back on the Users page, you should see your new account in the list of users. Click the Log Out link so you can log in with your new account.
- On the WordPress Log In page, enter the Username and Password for your new account and then click the Log In button.
- Now that you are logged in as yourself, it is time to write your first post. Under the Posts menu, click the Add New link and start blogging.
- Next: Read more WordPress Tutorials