Create a MySQL 5 Database
Update: March 21st, 2009
WordPress also needs a place to store all of your blog posts. So, the next step is to create a MySQL 5 database to hold all of the data:
- On the Domain Menu page, click the Database Manager icon.
- On the Databases page, click the Add New button.
- On the Add Database page, select MySQL 5 as the Database Type, enter in a Database Name, and then click the Save button. Note: for the database name, a good choice is your domain name. Do not use a generic name like “wordpress” or “myblog”.
- On the Update Database page, note the server name—you will need this later to configure WordPress. Then, in the Database Users section, click the Add New button.
- On the Add Database User page, enter in a username and password. Remember what you enter here because you will need it later on as well. Now click the Save button.
- Next: Download and Upload